Here you will discover useful information both you and your children can read.
- Dare to Excel is a monthly
newsletter with a focus on creating home environments that help kids
succeed at school. The seven Proven Parenting Practices that research
has shown helps children
become better learners will be consistently featured along with
practical suggestions and tips for families.
- A national site for girls, their parents and educators
dedicated to girls' self-esteem, self-awareness,
and involvement in the world. Education is our highest priority.
Educating Jane is committed to providing scholarship leads, information,
and opportunities to succeed.
- Grade Level: Middle School, High School
- A U.S. government interagency Kids' Portal. This site was
developed and is maintained by the Federal Citizen Information Center.
It provides links to Federal kids' sites along with some of the best
kids' sites from other organizations all grouped by subject.
- Grade Level: Elementary, Middle School
- Is a great website on textual harassment, communicating
clearly, peer pressure, constant messaging, privacy problems, rumors
rumors, and friends need help There are great resources available for
parents and teachers. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and
this website has so much to offer in support of those in abusive
relationships and knowing the difference between an abusive and healthy
relationship. This is a Teen Website. One in three teens will
experience abuse in a dating relationship and YOU have the right to a
safe and healthy relationship. Check it out and FIND YOUR VOICE.
- For example:
- Cyber bullying: No Muscles Needed
- The Over-scheduled Child: Avoiding the Hyper-parenting Trap Helping Girls Bloom
- Family Ties: Through Prison Walls
Bed wetting Linked to Developmental Delays- an article from the Kids Health newsletter
- A Kids Guide to Divorce
- Motivation and the Power of Not Giving Up
- Changing Body Information for both girls and boys.